Office of Religious Education
Barry Nidorf Juvenile Hall
16350 Filbert St.
Who we are:
We are a faith filled community of hope, who witness and offer by our presence and activities, God's unconditional love, compassionate forgiveness and healing justice.
What we offer:
- Worship: Masses at 8:15am and 9:30am
- Faith Sharing Group: after Mass till 11 am. Provide an opportunity for our youth to talk about the readings and Gospel message of the day.
- One-on-one Visits: Wednesdays 7pm to 8pm. An opportunity for the youth to meet with a volunteer in a setting that offers privacy and a time for the youth to "just talk whatever". Distribution of religious materials upon request, including rosaries and bibles.
- Sacramental Preparation: Mondays 5:30pm - 7pm, Wednesdays 6pm-7pm. A specialized process designed to prepare youth for the celebration of the Sacraments of Baptism, First Eucharist and Confirmation.
- Baby and Me Program: Saturdays 11am - 4pm. Meet as scheduled. A program for the youth who are fathers/mothers of babies and children six weeks to six years old.
In order to qualify as a volunteer, you must be 21 years of age and have an up to date California identification.
"For I was in prison and you came to see me."
For further information, contact Rudy Vlasak at (818) 888-8200.
Links: Detention Ministry Los Angeles Archdiocese